Andes Traverse: From Antuco Volcano to Lonquimay Volcano
Duration: 5 days Fully Supported Surface: Gravel - Single track Difficulty: Level 5
DAY 1 : Arrival at Los Angeles.
Arrival at Hotel located at city of Los Angeles (500km south of Santiago)
Extra cost pick up at Santiago airport or Santiago hotel and drive to Los Angeles. Special ground transfer can be added for groups or single clients.
DAY 2 : Volcan Antuco - Trapa Trapa.
First bike day.
Breakfast. Drive to Abanico (100km) located besides Antuco Volcano. From here we will start our bicycle trip. Our scenary e composed by Antuco Volcano climbing until reach Laja lake located at 1.360m above sea level. Slowly our route goes until touch our highest altitude just 10km before arrive at Trapa Trapa where our camp will waiting for our ciclist. Snack and Dinner.
Start altitude 760m.
Highest point: 1.860m.
Altitude gain: 1.488m.
Finish altitude: 990m.
DAY 3: Volcan Antuco - El Barco lake.
Breakfast. Today our bike day goes through a remote valley that cross between Callaqui and Copahue Volcanos. Stunning scenary. 97% of our route will be single track. This area does not allow a bike support, due there are not any king of road for a vehicle.
Arrival at our camp located besides El Barco where our camp will waiting for our ciclist. Snack and Dinner.
Start altitude 990m.
Highest point: 1.860m.
Altitude gain: 1.252m.
Finish altitude: 1.250m.
DAY 4: El Barco lake - Lonquimay Volcano (Posada del Rio Lodge)
Breakfast. For today most of our route will be a dirt and gravel road. This is gonna be the longest track, that include three climbs. Fist one with and altitude gain of 280m. Second one with 250m of altitude gain. Last one is the longest climb of this trip with an altitude gain of 1.150m., Lonquimay volcano pass. After reach it, we will down hill towards our Lodge, Posada del Rio. Hot tub and dinner.
Start altitude 1.250m.
Highest point: 1.870m.
Altitude gain: 2.045m.
Finish altitude: 1.000m.
DAY 5: Option 1:Transfer to Temuco airport.
Breakfast. and transfer to Temuco airport (2 hours drive). end of service.
Option 2: Continue traveling with Andes MTB, our second part of Andes Traverse.
For this option, today (Day 5) will be Day 1 of our second trip section.
Rest day. (Brakfast, lunch nd dinner included)
- Billingual Mountain bike guide.
- 1 night accomodation Hotel 4stars in Los Angeles city with breakfast and dinner (based is a double bed room). Single supplement, USD$ 70 per night.
- 1 night accomodation Posada del Rio Lodge in Malalcahuello with breakfast and dinner (based is a double bed room). Single supplement, USD$ 90 per night.
- 2 nights campground (include two persons tent, dinner tent, breakfas, dinner, snack)
- Trail food and isotonic
- Bike tools, pump, lubricants, spare pars available, spare bike for rent
- Cleaning implements for yourt bike
Trips does not oinclude:
- Bike (available for rent)
- Bike wear and shoes
- Medical accident insurance (please bring it from your country)
- Transportation In/out Posada del Rio. (USD$ 130 one way from / to Temuco airport)